A testnet was released last month for MESG's open, service-based development framework. To celebrate the launch, we're throwing our second hackathon from March 1st - April 26th 2020 to expand the ecosystem and test the new testnet.
All services and processes in the MESG ecosystem are sharable and monetizable, while the blockchain-backed framework rewards users who support the network.
Ready to test your skills? We’re looking for useful tools in the MESG ecosystem (e.g. wallets, explorers, process builders, debuggers), or new services and processes.
If you choose to expand the ecosystem by building services or processes, you'll be able to earn in two ways. First, you could win hackathon prizes, and second, any services and processes can be published on the Explorer and upcoming mainnet where you can earn passive income every time another user executes on them.
Anyone of the age of majority with any skill level is more than welcome to join!
Main requirement: Build at least one of the following options:
- An application based on MESG-compatible processes and/or services.
- Tooling or improvements for the MESG ecosystem (e.g. wallets, explorers, process builders, debuggers, compilers, linters)
Submit the following before 11:45pm EST April 26th, 2020:
- Completed submission form with all required details, submitted on Devpost before the above deadline. Late submissions won’t be accepted.
- A link to your publically-accessible code repository on Github and access to your application.
- A step-by-step demo video showcasing your application
Additional rules and information:
- Processes can re-use existing Services. Check out the Explorer.
- No programming language or tool restrictions, as long as the application and services are compatible with MESG’s gRPC API
- Services must compile for the latest version of the MESG Engine and run on the MESG Testnet
- Processes and Services source code must be uploaded to publically-available GitHub in repositories
Submission Recommendations (optional, but strongly recommended):
- Services and processes should be deployed on MESG’s public testnet
- Processes should connect the services you use by defining the data flow between them
- Use the MESG Forum for help and to introduce your project!
$5,000 in prizes
The first place winner will receive $5000.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
CEO & Co-Founder - MESG
CTO & Co-Founder - MESG
Is the app working
Is the application working? This is a mandatory criteria.
Quality of the idea using MESG
Including originality of the idea and how creatively the developer integrated MESG Services, Processes or ecosystem tools.
User Experience Quality
Including the visual design, whether it performs as expected, works well across device types, etc.
Potential Impact of the Idea
Including the extent to which the submission is widely useful, might be customizable, might be extended to other scenarios, etc.
Quality of the Submission Package
Including the quality of the description, video demo and any other materials.